The series will provide an intensive, practical focus on evidence-based approaches to complex everyday problems that span the realm of neurosurgery, neurology, neurophysiology, neuroradiology, physiatry and neuro-oncology with emphasis on recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment strategies needed to improve clinical performance at the Miami Neuroscience Institute. An interactive format will include a didactic presentation with case reviews, and question and answer panel discussions. Clinical case correlations will be discussed during the presentations.
Adult and Pediatric Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Stroke Neurologists, Neuroradiologists, Diagnostic Radiologists, Critical Care Physicians, Neurointensivists, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Internal Medicine Physicians, Interventional Neuroradiologists, Family Physicians, General Internists, Critical Care and Neuroscience Nurses, Neurosurgery Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physical Therapists, Respiratory Therapists, Dietitians, Radiology Technologists, Clinical Pharmacists, Rehabilitation and Pain Management Specialists, as well as other specialists interested in the field of neuroscience.
- Apply optimal course of treatment for the neurosurgery patient, utilizing multiple approaches to diagnose and treat, including neuro imaging findings.
- Utilize optimal clinical management protocol for a variety of cranial and spinal conditions.
- Describe the indications for the practical applications of and the potential complications of advanced techniques in the treatment of cranial and spinal diseases.
- Implement novel surgical techniques for the treatment of cerebral and spinal disorders, as well as strategies for revision spinal and cranial surgery and complication avoidance/management.
Michael McDermott, M.D.
Chief Medical Executive
Miami Neuroscience Institute
Professor of Neurosurgery, Chair, Division of Neuroscience
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Florida International University
David Painton Bray, MD, MSc
Department of Neurosurgery
Emory University, School of Medicine
Michael McDermott, M.D., director and moderator of this educational event, is a consultant for Deinde Medical and Stryker, and has indicated that the presentations or discussions will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual have been mitigated.
David Painton Bray, MD, MSc, faculty of this educational event, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentations or discussions will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies – Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENTS AND CREDITS
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 2 credit hours, CE Broker Course #20-709517, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and Psychology (2 hour), and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 2 credits for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Respiratory Therapists and Pharmacists. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 General certificate of attendance
- 2.00 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 2.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 2.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 2.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 2.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 2.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 2.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy