Update on Domestic Violence
This course satisfies two hour domestic violence continuing education relicensure requirement for Florida allopathic physicians, podiatrists, psychologists, advanced practice registered nurses, nurses, and social workers.
Current Florida Board of Medicine relicensure requirements available here.
Allopathic Physicians, Osteopathic Physicians, Psychologists (Instructional Level: Intermediate), Dentists, Podiatrists, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Licensed Practical Nurses, Registered Nurses, and Social Workers licensed in the State of Florida.
Baptist Health South Florida is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baptist Health South Florida maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Identify domestic violence victims and perpetrators in clinical practice.
- Determine the number of patients in a doctor’s office who are likely to be victims of domestic violence and the number who are likely to be perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Recognize the cycle of violence, and assess where the patient’s domestic violence relationship fits into the cycle.
- Explain the legal system process experienced by victims and perpetrators.
- Differentiate domestic violence courts from others in the judicial system.
- Appropriately refer patients who are victims of domestic violence to counseling, victim support groups and protection services.
- Utilize resources in the local community, such as domestic violence centers and other advocacy groups that provide legal aid, shelter, victim counseling, or child protection services.
Nancy Eklund, M.D.
Baptist and South Miami Hospitals
Honorable Carroll J. Kelly
Administrative Judge of the Domestic Violence Division of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court of Florida
Chika Nwosu, Contributor, Learner Resources
Medical Student, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Florida International University
Rachel Rohaidy, M.D.
Medical Director, Baptist Health Care & Counseling
Psychiatrist, Baptist and South Miami Hospitals
Baptist Health Medical Group
Baptist Health South Florida
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Due to the nature of the content discussed by Rachel Rohaidy, M.D., Nancy Eklund, M.D., and the Honorable Carroll J. Kelly, there are no relevant financial relationships to disclose. This portion of the CME activity does not cover content that would involve products or services of commercial interests. Therefore no opportunity exists for a conflict of interest based on the financial relationships of faculty and those persons in control of content. Since these relationships are not relevant, no disclosure information was collected.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 Psychology CE
- 2.00 General certificate of attendance
- 2.00 Florida Board of Dentistry
- 2.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 2.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 2.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 2.00 Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine
- 2.00 Florida Board of Psychology
This site is supported on the most recent stable releases of the following browsers:
This site is supported on the following mobile devices:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@baptisthealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.