UHZ Sports Medicine Conference Series - Dealing With Pulmonary Issues in Athletes - January 17, 2017
Orthopedic surgeons diagnose and treat conditions of the musculoskeletal system, which includes the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves. Orthopedists will discuss the etiology, mechanism of injury and assessment of various common sports-related injuries as well as describe surgical and non-surgical treatment options to injuries and how they relate to return-to-play criteria.
Orthopedists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants and other interested healthcare providers.
- Discuss the etiology, mechanism of injury and assessment of various common sports-related injuries.
- Describe surgical and non-surgical treatment options for these injuries.
- Implement new strategies for evaluation and treatment of the sports injury patient.
Pre-registration is required. Please log in to register.
John Zvijac, M.D.
Conference Director, Sports Medicine Conference Series
Baptist, South Miami, and Doctors Hospitals
John Zvijac, M.D., Conference Director, has indicated that he is a consultant with Arthrosurface and receives research support from Mitek. Discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage. The core group of contributors has provided disclosures; complete disclosure statements will be included on the sign-in sheet for this activity.
- 1.00 Florida Board of Athletic Training
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance