Radiology Grand Rounds in Conjunction with Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute: Clinical Research Topics in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
Fellows participating in the current MCVI Fellowship Program will present results of their research at the Institute. Topics include analysis of the implementation of new medical records, mechanical thromboectomy for pulmonary embolism (PE), overview of endovascular therapeutic options for the treatment of massive and sub-massive PE, trauma in the great vessels from aorta to pelvis, and endovascular interventions for the treatment of arthritis.
Radiologists, Pulmonologists, Thoracic Surgeons, Imaging Services Administration, Baptist Health Executives, Hospitalists, Family Medicine Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Radiology Technologists, Respiratory Therapists, and all interested allied health professionals.
- Review current therapies for pulmonary embolism (PE) and adequate techniques to manage PE with mechanical devices.
- Review new techniques for endovascular management of arthritis.
- Illustrate vascular trauma management using endovascular devices.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of a new electronic medical record, and incorporate improvements for clinical practice.
- Implement policies and procedures to make more efficient use of electronic medical records.
- Recognize complications and risks with endovascular interventions for PE.
- Review vascular anatomy to joints that may benefit from embolotherapy.
James F. Benenati, M.D.
Medical Director, Peripheral Vascular Laboratory
Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute
The Conference Director, Dr. James Benenati is a consultant for Gore, Cook and Penumbra, and he receives royalties from Penumbra.
Interventional Radiology Fellows, Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute
Ashley Adamovich, M.D.
Ramsey Al-Hakim, M.D.
Alok Bhatt, M.D.
Bruce Bordlee, M.D.
Paul Rotolo, M.D.
Alok Bhatt, M.D. and Paul Rotolo, M.D. indicated that they will include off-label or unapproved product usage in their presentations or discussions.
The other faculty members indicated that neither they nor their spouses/partners have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and they will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in their presentations or discussions:
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.50 General certificate of attendance
- 2.50 Nurse Practitioners
- 2.50 Florida Board of Nursing
- 2.50 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 2.50 Florida Bureau of Radiation Control
- 2.50 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.