Promoting Physician Wellness: How To Retain The Joy in Medicine While Managing Real-life Stress
Physicians and allied health providers can suffer from burn out. During this conference participants will hear about solutions to support physician wellness, including personalized learning on best practices for preventing burn out, rediscovering joy in medicine and creating a culture of team-based care to improve efficiency.
West Kendall Baptist Hospital GME faculty including: Family medicine practitioners, cardiologists, emergency medicine physicians, surgeons, hospitalists, Ob/Gyn’s, nephrologists, hematologists/oncologists, infectious disease specialists, gastroenterologists, neurologists, ENT’s, ophthalmologists, urologists, pulmonologists, critical care physicians, nurse practitioners, medical students, residents, fellows, and other interested healthcare professionals.
- Identify the ACGME Common Program Requirements for Residency Education (formally known as duty hour regulations).
- Recognize the signs of fatigue/sleep deprivation, burnout, depression, and substance abuse.
- Identify the effect of fatigue/sleep deprivation, burnout, depression, and substance abuse on physician’s functioning and performance.
- Implement strategies to prevent, reduce the risk of, and manage fatigue/sleep deprivation, burnout, depression, and substance abuse.
Susan Chalfin, Ph.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Child Psychology Associates
Director, Behavioral Medicine Training
FIU/WKBH Family Medicine Training
Susan Chalfin, Ph.D., indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentation(s) or discussion(s).
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course # 20-704715, by the Florida Boards of Medicine and Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit hour for Nurses and Nurse Practitioners. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.