Palliative Care’s Role in the Changing Face of Healthcare
Providers can improve quality and cost category scores by including palliative care specialists to care teams treating seriously ill patients. Researchers at the Center to Advance Palliative Care explored how palliative care can boost success in MACRA’s Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), Medicare’s Oncology Care Model, and the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP). Join us to learn how palliative care can mitigate the need for crisis intervention, thus simultaneously improving quality and cost.
Physicians, Psychologists, Nurses, Social Workers, Respiratory Therapists, Clergy, Pharmacists, Occupational Therapists, Medical Students, and other interested healthcare professionals.
- Describe the change in healthcare from a fee-for-service to a value-based healthcare model.
- Identify how delivery of care is impacted by changes in the healthcare model.
- Evaluate the role of palliative care in the realignment of healthcare delivery.
- Discuss how palliative care is a solution for Accountable Care Organizations that simultaneously improves quality and controls utilization.
Pre-registration is required. Please log in to register.
|Live: Baptist Hospital - 5MCVI|
|Videoconference: Mariners Hospital - Executive Conference Room|
Colleen Tallen, M.D.
Medical Director, Palliative Care
Fort Myers, Florida
Colleen Tallen, M.D, indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentation(s) or discussion(s).
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 General certificate of attendance
- 2.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 2.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 2.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 2.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 2.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 2.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 2.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.