Mental Health Conference Series: Biofeedback – History, Methods, Applications and Implications for Physicians and Patients
Biofeedback training is a complementary/alternative medicine technique that uses technology to teach patients self-regulatory skills to improve their health and well-being. It differs from standard medical treatments that emphasize pharmacological treatment in that it is learning-based and the patient has an active role in treatment. Join us to hear psychologist Ronald Rosenthal, Ph.D., discuss the utility of biofeedback modalities for the ancillary or primary treatment of many physical and mental disorders.
Live webinar only. Please register for Zoom link.
Baptist Health South Florida is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baptist Health South Florida maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Primary Care Physicians, Family Practice Physicians, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Neurologists, Psychiatrists, Psychologists (intermediate), Nurses, Respiratory, Social Workers and other interested clinical care providers.
- Identify the major differences between standard medical care and biofeedback approaches.
- Describe the modalities of biofeedback and its applications for the ancillary or primary treatment of many physical and mental disorders.
- Recognize medical conditions for which biofeedback is an effective treatment option.
Ronald Rosenthal, Ph.D.
Baptist Health South Florida
Ronald Rosenthal, Ph.D., faculty for this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible Companies - Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-719045, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine, Psychology and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit hour for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses. Respiratory Therapists and Social Workers. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Psychology CE
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.