MACRA Medicare Payment Reform: 2017 Measurement Implementation Preparation - Wednesday Evening Option
In only a few months the measurement period begins for the recently finalized Medicare payment program. While most physicians’ payments will change in 2019, measurement implementation begins in 2017, which calls for getting “MACRA Ready” now. This comprehensive overview will be presented by George Mayzell, M.D., MBA, Chief Clinical Officer of Vizient Southeast. Dr Mayzell will discuss the implications for physicians, the details of the program, and the action items to prepare for 2017 measurement implementation.
Physicians, Psychologists, Dentists, Podiatrists, Physician assistants, Nurse practitioners, Clinical nurse specialists, Certified registered nurse anesthetists, hospital administrators, and all other interested nurses and allied health professionals, including respiratory therapists, dieticians, social workers, pharmacists, and lab personnel.
- Examine changes in the final regulations from CMS.
- Discuss Medicare’s rationale for moving from volume to value.
- Explain MACRA and its Quality Payment Program alternatives, MIPS and Advanced APMs, and quality reporting.
- Review the components of MIPS calculations.
Pre-registration is required. Please log in to register.
George Mayzell, M.D., MBA
Chief Clinical Officer
Healthcare Delivery System Transformation
Vizient Southeast, Inc.
George Mayzell, M.D., MBA has indicated that he has no relevant financial relationships to disclose and that his discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 General certificate of attendance
- 1.50 Florida Board of Dentistry
- 1.50 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.50 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.50 Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine
- 1.50 Florida Board of Psychology
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.