Head and Neck Cancer Symposium, Eighth Annual
Personalized medicine helps doctors learn about a person’s genetic makeup and how his or her tumor grows. Modern personalized medicine is based on targeted therapy. In targeted therapy, it is essential that information about the altered pathway and the components leading to cancer are available. During this symposium, physicians will discuss the treatment modalities, prognosis and clinical trials associated with head and neck cancer.
Complete details at HNCancerSymposium.BaptistHealth.net
Primary Care Physicians, Dentists, Otolaryngologists, Gastroenterologists, Radiologists, Medical Oncologists, Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons, Surgeons, Pathologists, Pediatricians, Hospitalists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Radiology Technologists and Pharmacists.
- Describe the benefit of optimal dental hygiene and oral care in the cure and survival of all cancer patients.
- Assess when to refer patients to an experienced surgeon for safe extraction of teeth in head and neck radiation patients.
- Assess common indications for proton therapy in head and neck cancer.
- Explain the pros and cons of proton therapy versus photon therapy in head and neck cancer.
- Identify which thyroid nodules should be biopsied.
- Assess the possible causes of the thyroid cancer epidemic.
- Assess and review the best imaging strategies in patients with suspected salivary gland tumors.
- Identify the limitations of CT and MRI in evaluating salivary gland tumors.
- Review preliminary results of current de-escalation trials.
- Discuss future directions in the treatment of HPV-positive tumors.
- Review results of immunotherapy trials in Head and Neck Cancers.
- Discuss future directions and the evolving role of immunotherapy in the treatment of head and neck cancers
Kevin J. Abrams, M.D.
Kevin J. Abrams, M.D. has indicated that he is a consultant, on the speaker’s bureau and a stock holder for Keystone Homart. Dr. Abrams will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation or discussion.
Noah Kalman, M.D.
Noah Kalman, M.D., indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation(s) or discussion(s).
Carol Horkowitz-Tsaousis, DMD
Carol Horkowitz-Tsaousis, DMD, indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation(s) or discussion(s).
Robert Udelsman, M.D., MBA, FACS, FACE
Director of Endocrine Neoplasia Institute
Miami Cancer Institute
Robert Udelsman, M.D., indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation(s) or discussion(s).
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 4.5 credit hours by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and the Florida Council of Physician Assistants. CE Broker #20- .
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) accepts CEs accredited by the ACCME. Individuals are responsible for checking with the AANPCB for further guidelines.
- 4.50 Florida Board of Dentistry
- 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 4.50 Florida Board of Nursing
- 4.50 Nurse Practitioners
- 4.50 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 4.50 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 4.50 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- 4.50 General certificate of attendance
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.