Echocardiography Symposium, 37th Annual
This symposium provides a comprehensive update on the latest developments, cutting-edge technologies, current controversies and future directions in the field of echocardiography. Clinical presentations and echocardiographic studies will cover Doppler hemodynamics, valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathy, pericardial disease, native and prosthetic valve endocarditis, 3D echo, 3D rendering/printing and road mapping, contrast echo, cardiac mechanics, ejection fraction and strain measurements, echo in atrial fibrillation, cardiac remodeling in obesity, congenital heart disease and additional state-of-the-art topics in echocardiography. This course will be of special interest to physicians in the fields of cardiology, along with sonographers and other physicians interested in echocardiography.
Complete details at MiamiEcho.BaptistHealth.net
Registration Fees: Please choose Register tab to process your registration.
|Nurses and Allied Health Professionals||$225|
|International Healthcare Professional||$180|
Cardiologists, Cardiovascular Surgeons, Nurses, Pharmacists and Sonographers.
- Apply accurate assessment of ventricular and valvular function using Doppler hemodynamics in the echocardiographic laboratory in order to optimize quality improvement and clinical decision making processes.
- Recognize the usefulness and limitations of imaging techniques, in order to yield a better clinical outcome, to prevent potential misuse and to preserve resources.
- Recognize the latest advances and clinical applications of 3D echocardiography
- Examine the clinical significance to the recent advent in echocardiography research.
- Integrate echocardiographic assessment of cardiomyopathies and systemic diseases in patient management.
- Recognize constrictive pericarditis vs. restrictive cardiomyopathy.
- Explain the updated role of echocardiography in pulmonary hypertension.
- Examine the new guidelines for the evaluation of diastolic function.
- Communicate more effectively within a cross-functional team, following the principles of advanced care management to make the vision of value-based care a reality.
The Miami Airport Hilton, just minutes from Miami airport, offers access to beaches and attractions. Enjoy the 100-acre natural lake with jogging trail, outdoor pool and tennis and basketball courts. Indulge in spacious guest rooms and suites. This hotel was in the Top 20 of all Hotels in Miami 2015 by US News & World Report. Complimentary airport shuttle bus service available.
Make your hotel reservation now by calling 1-800-HILTONS or visit the website Here. The special group rate of $159, plus applicable taxes ends Monday, October 1, 2018.
Accreditation and Credits
Baptist Health provides accredited continuing education (CME/CE) to doctors, nurses and allied health professionals.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 10 credit hours by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants. 6.5 credits for the Friday session (CE Broker #20-624609) and 3.5 credits for the Saturday session (CE Broker #20-624611).
Approved on a session-by-session basis for a total of 10.0 contact hours by the Florida State Board of Nursing CE Broker Provider #50-182 (6.5 credits for the Friday session and 3.5 credits for the Saturday session).
This activity has been approved on a session-by-session basis for a total of 10.0 contact hours by the Florida State Board of Pharmacy, CE Broker Provider #50-182; (6.5 credits for the Friday session and 3.5 credits for the Saturday session).
Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
All or a portion of this educational activity may meet the CME requirement for IAC Echocardiography accreditation.
American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Sonographers and vascular technologists may use these credits to fulfill their ARDMS requirements.
Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 10 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC points.
Your participation information will be shared with the ACCME, which will in turn report your points to ABIM. Successful completion of a course examination is required to earn ABIM MOC points.
- 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 10.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 10.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 10.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 10.00 General certificate of attendance
If you are attempting to register and see this message only, please check in the upper right hand corner for a shopping cart and click on it.
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.