Conversations in Ethics: The New Frontier: Personalized and Precision Medicine in the Era of Big Data
Technological advances of the past decade – such as high-speed internet, electronic health records and smartphones – have brought about major changes in the management and use of medical data. We now have the ability to gather genetic information more quickly and inexpensively, resulting in faster diagnoses and treatment options that are more personal and precise. Join us in a conversation about personalized medicine, precision medicine and other approaches to care, as well as the promise and the ethical implications of the use of Big Data in medicine.
Physicians, Psychologists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Social Workers, Respiratory Therapists, Clinical Chaplains, Pharmacists, Medical Students, Radiology Technicians and other interested healthcare professionals
- Explain the implications of utilizing big data as evidence to generate clinical trial results.
- Identify key differences between personalized and precision medicine.
- Analyze the risks and benefits of utilizing “big data” for personalized and precision medicine.
Pre-registration is required. Please log in to register.
|Live: Baptist Hospital - 5MCVI|
|Videoconference: South Miami Hospital - Classroom C|
Khurram Nasir, M.D., MPH
Research Director, Center for Prevention and Wellness
Director, High-Risk Cardiovascular Disease Clinic
Baptist Health South Florida, Miami, Florida
Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for Preventive Cardiology
Khurram Nasir, M.D., MPH has indicated that he will not have any relevant financial relationships to disclose and that his discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 2.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 2.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 2.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 2.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 2.00 Florida Bureau of Radiation Control
- 2.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- 2.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 2.00 General certificate of attendance
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.