Conversations in Ethics: Ethics & Morality: Is There a Difference?
We may talk about ethics and morality as if they are the same thing, but there are nuanced differences between the two. Considering their origins, are these differences objective universal moral truths or do they just reflect the society in which we live? Join us in a philosophical analysis!
Physicians, Psychologists, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Social Workers, Respiratory Therapists, Clinical Chaplains, Pharmacists, Medical Students, Occupational Therapists, Registered Dietitians, Radiology Technologists and other interest healthcare professionals.
- Explain why we talk about medical ethics but rarely about medical morality.
- Describe the basic differences between the underlying ethical theories and how to apply these differences to bioethics and medical ethics.
Pre-registration is required. Please log in to register.
|Live: Mariners Hospital - Main Conference Room|
|Videoconference: Baptist Hospital - 5MCVI|
|Videoconference: South Miami Hospital - Classroom D|
|Videoconference: Doctors Hospital - Coco Plum|
|Videoconference: West Kendall Baptist Hospital - Boardroom|
|Videoconference: Homestead Hospital - Center Conference Room|
Raúl de Velasco, M.D., FACP
Chairman Baptist Health Bioethics Committee
Baptist Health South Florida
Raúl de Velasco, M.D. has indicated that he does not have any relevant financial relationships to disclose and that his discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 1.00 Florida Bureau of Radiation Control
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.