Conversations in Ethics: Ethical and Medical Challenges: Access to Fertility Services by Transgender Persons
Transgender persons have the same interests in having children and accessing fertility services for fertility preservation and reproduction as others. Increasing acceptance for individuals to fulfill their desire to transition from their gender assigned at birth to the other, has brought the issue of reproduction and family building in transgender persons to the forefront for providers of fertility services.
Join us as Dr. Maria Bustillo discusses access to fertility services by transgender persons and the many complex psychological, medical, surgical, ethical and legal issues related to their fertility and fertility preservation.
Physicians, Psychologists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Social Workers, Clinical Chaplains, Medical Students, and other interest healthcare professionals.
Registration is required. Please log in to register.
|Live Event - Baptist Hospital - Auditorium|
|Videoconference to - South Miami Hospital - Classroom E|
|Videoconference to - Mariners Hospital - Executive Conference Room|
|Webcast - Click Here For Webcast|
- Explain the nature of fertility and fertility preservation services that are available and feasible to provide for transgender individuals.
- Address issues with respect to timing of fertility and fertility preservation services in the transition from one gender to the other.
- Identify potential medical, ethical, legal, and psychological risks associated with providing fertility and fertility preservation services to transgender individuals.
|Live: Baptist Hospital - 5 MCVI|
|Videoconference: South Miami Hospital - Classroom A|
|Videoconference: Homestead Hospital - Mango & Pineapple Rooms|
|Videoconference: Mariners Hospital - Education Conference Room|
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 2 credit hours, CE Broker Course #20-126978, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and Psychology (2 hours), and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 2 credits for Nurses, and Clinical Chaplains. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 2.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 2.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 2.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 2.00 General certificate of attendance
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.