Building Collaborative Leadership: Baptist Health Clinical Ethics Consultation Training Program
Nominated participants who are established or emerging medical staff leaders practicing in different specialties, as well as nurse managers and administrative executives with oversight of the healthcare service lines who are members of the Ethics Committee.
- Review and apply three “perceptual positions” to expand strategic thinking and optimize communication skills in conflict resolution.
- Discuss Baptist Health’s Bioethics Program, and explain the functions of the Clinical Ethics Committees.
- Effectively apply ethical theories and clinical ethics consultation competencies to carry out the Baptist Health Ethics Consultation Process.
Rose Allen, DNP, MSM/HM, R.N., CHPN
Director, Bioethics & Palliative Care
Baptist Hospital of Miami
Rose Allen, DNP, MSM/HM, R.N., CHPN, indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentations or discussions.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 9 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 9 credit hours, CE Broker Course #20-598696, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 9 credits for Social Work. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 9.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 9.00 General certificate of attendance