Building Collaborative Leadership: Baptist Health Clinical Ethics Consultation Training Program - Lethal Congenital Disorder
Nominated participants who are established or emerging medical staff leaders practicing in different specialties, as well as nurse managers and administrative executives with oversight of the healthcare service lines who are members of the Ethics Committee.
- Recognize and appropriately manage ethical issues involving minors with decision-making capacity, newborns and legal decision makers for children.
- Identify and address conflicting values that can occur between a healthcare professional and the parents of a terminally ill infant.
- Discuss Baptist Children’s Hospital’s Levels of EOL Policy and the Baby Jules Lethal Congenital Disorder Policy.
Rose Allen, DNP, MSM/HM, R.N., CHPN
Director, Bioethics & Palliative Care
Baptist Hospital of Miami
Rose Allen, DNP, MSM/HM, R.N., CHPN, indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentations or discussions.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Florida Board of Psychology
- 1.50 General certificate of attendance