Building Collaborative Leadership: Baptist Health Clinical Ethics Consultation Training Program - Advanced Directives
Nominated participants who are established or emerging medical staff leaders practicing in different specialties, as well as nurse managers and administrative executives with oversight of the healthcare service lines who are members of the Ethics Committee.
- Improve doctor-patient medical decision making regarding advance directives and hospice care.
- Consider the influence of cultural and racial differences when having advanced directives discussions with patients and/or their surrogates/proxies.
- Recognize the surrogate/proxy’s role and burdens in advance directive decision-making.
Rose Allen, DNP, MSM/HM, R.N., CHPN
Director, Bioethics & Palliative Care
Baptist Hospital of Miami
Rose Allen, DNP, MSM/HM, R.N., CHPN, indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentations or discussions.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Florida Board of Psychology
- 1.50 General certificate of attendance