Baptist Health International Conference Series: Molecular Targeted Treatment of Lung Cancer, January 10, 2018
Targeted treatments work differently from standard chemotherapy. During this conference practitioners will learn about molecular alterations and the limiting factors of molecular targeted treatment in early disease.
General Surgeons, General Practitioners, Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Hospitalists, Nurses and all other interested healthcare professionals.
- Describe how the identification of driver mutations in lung cancer has resulted in tremendous clinical impact for patients.
- Implement the use of technology that has provided alternatives to diagnose tumor tissues in patients.
- Initiating immunotherapy through immune checkpoint inhibition is also an effective alternative for treatment in patients with no driver mutations.
Ramon E. Jimenez, M.D., FACS
Ramon E. Jimenez, M.D indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation(s) or discussion(s).
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this Journal-based CME activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance