Baptist Health International Conference Series: Current Status of Lymph Node Management in Melanoma, November 8, 2017
Lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) is the standard approach for the management of patients with melanoma in whom there is a substantial risk of regional node metastasis. It’s vital to determine prognosis, select patients for adjuvant therapy and those for clinical trials.
General Surgeons, General Practitioners, Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Hospitalists, Nurses and all other interested healthcare professionals.
- Summarize the results of the multicenter selective lymphadenectomy trial 2 (MSLT2).
- Implement appropriate referrals and treatment for patients with positive sentinel lymph nodes.
- Explain patient follow up cancer surveillance care.
Ramon E. Jimenez, M.D., FACS
Ramon E. Jimenez, M.D indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation(s) or discussion(s).
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this Journal-based CME activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy