Baptist Health International Conference Series: Cancer Genomics
Cancer genomics is the study of the totality of DNA sequence and gene expression differences between tumor cells and normal host cells. During this conference Jeff Boyd, Ph.D. will discuss the importance of knowledge of the human genome to an oncology practice.
General Surgeons, General Practitioners, Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Hospitalists, Nurses and all other interested healthcare professionals.
- Analyze the evolution of cancer genetics to cancer genomics.
- Explain the importance of next-generation sequencing technology to oncology practice.
- Implement genomic medicine into cancer prevention and therapy.
Jeff Boyd, PhD
Associate Deputy Director
Translational Research and Genomic Medicine
Miami Cancer Institute
Baptist Health South Florida
Jeff Boyd, Ph.D. indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation(s) or discussion(s).
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this Journal-based CME activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy