Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS-R) One-day Renewal Course
The Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) One-Day Renewal Course is for physicians with a current ACLS completion card and includes 7 hours of class time. Baptist Health is an authorized American Heart Association (AHA) provider.
This course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of a patient, whether in or out of the hospital. Participants will enhance their skills in the treatment of arrest and peri-arrest patients through active participation in a series of simulated cardiopulmonary cases.
AHA courses are provided and managed by Baptist Health’s Department of Clinical Learning and are held at the Clinical Learning Center, located at 8530 SW 124 Ave,. in the Kendall Plaza Shopping Center in Miami or Bethesda Hospital West 9655 W Boynton Beach Blvd, Boynton Beach, FL 33472. (Based on availability).
American Heart Association Courses are provided and managed by the Department of Clinical Learning. For availability and registration call 786-467-3263.
- Physicians, LIP and non-Baptist Health employees $150
Call 786-467-3263 for a complete listing of dates and availability and to register.
Use of American Heart Association materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the Association.
• Refunds will be given, upon return of course materials, to those who call to cancel at least 72 hours in advance.
• No refunds will be given for cancellations made within the 72 hours prior to the start of the class or if the registrant does not attend the class.
Students must attend all sessions of the course and pass all the skills tests and the written test to receive a completion card. The class starts promptly at 8 a.m. No one will be allowed in class after it has started. No exceptions!
7:30 a.m. check-in; 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. with one-hour lunch break on your own.
The AHA developed the ACLS Provider Course for "currently active" healthcare providers (e.g., medical, nursing, emergency medical or allied health personnel) whose daily occupation or volunteer activities demand proficiency in the knowledge and skills of ACLS.
- Upon completion of this conference, participants should be better able to:
- Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) use.
- Manage cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC), termination of resuscitation or transfer of care.
- Identify and treat ischemic chest pain and expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndrome.
- Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke, and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death.
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance.
Providers who take the ACLS Providers Course must be proficient in the following:
• Performing BLS CPR skills using the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
• Must be able to Demonstrate Basic ECG interpretation.
• Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of pharmacological concepts and competent administration of Cardiac drugs used during ACLS.
• Performing the BLS Primary Survey and the ACLS Secondary Survey.
Participants must complete the ACLS pretest prior to attending the course from the AHA website. Print their certificate of completion, minimum score as per AHA guidelines should be achieved.
All treatment modalities taught in ACLS courses (such as medication administration, defibrillation, pacing, etc.) must be within the participant’s scope of professional practice.
ACLS COURSE OUTLINE:
7.0 hours Small Group Teaching Stations – Video-led demonstration with instructor-led practice and testing of:
• BLS & ACLS Primary-Secondary Surveys
• Management of Respiratory Arrest
• CPR Competency and Practice
• Technology review
• Megacode and Resuscitation Team Concept
• Putting It All Together
• Written test
• Megacode Testing
• Course evaluations & CEU's / CME (MD)
COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS:
For participants who meet ALL course prerequisites and are eligible to receive a course completion eCard:
• Participate in, practice and complete all learning stations.
• Pass the 1-rescuer CPR/AED testing station.
• Pass the Megacode testing station.
• Pass the written test with a minimum score of 84%.
• Paper copy of the entrance exam
• At least 1 adult manikin per 3 students
• EZ-IO Face Shields - 1 for every student
• AED trainer, simulator
• Airway equipment (BVM, NPA, OPA's, etc.)
• 1 defibrillator/monitor per station Course
• Evaluation forms
• ACLS written examinations
• ACLS Megacode skills check-off sheet
• AHA ACLS Provider text
• ACLS Provider course completion eCard
DISCLOSURES: In accordance with the Standards of Commercial Support of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), which require balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all CME programming, Baptist Health has identified and resolved conflicts of interest of all individuals who control CME content, including faculty, planners, content reviewers and members of the Continuing Medical Education Committee and the Continuing Medical Education Department. The instructors have indicated that they have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. Individuals participating in this CME activity will identify any references to off-label product discussions and recommendations. Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 7.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 7.00 General certificate of attendance