2016 Neuroscience Focus Series: Case Review Presentations: Emerging Neurobiological Targets for Smoking Cessation
The series will provide an intensive, practical focus on evidence-based approaches to complex everyday problems that span the realm of neurology with emphasis on recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment strategies needed to improve clinical performance at the Neuroscience Center. An interactive format will include a didactic presentation with case reviews, and question and answer panel discussions. Clinical case correlations will be discussed during the presentations.
Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Interventional Radiologists, Interventional Neuroradiologists, Internists, Hospitalists, Critical Care Physicians, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Neuropsychologists, Physician Assistants, Technicians, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Pharmacists, Respiratory Therapists and other interested healthcare providers.
- Apply optimal course of treatment for the neurosurgery patient, utilizing multiple approaches to diagnose and treat, including neuro imaging findings.
- Utilize optimal clinical management protocol for a variety of cranial and spinal conditions.
- Describe the indications for the practical applications of and the potential complications of advanced techniques in the treatment of cranial and spinal diseases.
- Implement novel surgical techniques for the treatment of cerebral and spinal disorders, as well as strategies for revision spinal and cranial surgery and complication avoidance/management.
Matthew T. Sutherland, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Departments of Psychology and Neuroscience
Florida International University
Matthew T. Sutherland, Ph.D. has indicated that he has no relevant financial relationships to disclose and that his discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.