A multidisciplinary team approach to care is fostered through peer-to-peer discussion and collaboration. The team discussion pertaining to diagnosis and treatment includes radiological and pathological findings and immunohistochemical testing to bridge gaps across the continuum of care and enhance the overall quality of patient-centered advanced melanoma cancer care.
Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Colorectal Surgeons, Pathologists, Gastroenterologists, Pharmacists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Respiratory Therapists, Dietitians, Athletic Trainers, Patient Care Facilitators and all other personnel involved in the care of the gastrointestinal cancer patient.
- Apply tumor staging techniques for optimal treatment plan development.
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan for advanced melanoma cancer patients. leveraging imaging, pathology and immunohistochemical results to meet radiology, pathology, surgery, medical oncology, timeliness of care standards and tumor board documentation standards of practice.
FACULTY AND DISCLOSURES:
Aurora Tiare Tekurio, RTT, moderator for this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies – Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENTS AND CREDITS
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-856161, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and Florida Physician Assistants..
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Pharmacists and Pharmacy Techs, Respiratory Therapists (direct delivery), Athletic Trainers. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Athletic Training
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy