Internal Medicine Grand Rounds are an integral component of medical education, teaching new information and enhancing clinical reasoning skills. Topics and speakers are selected to provide faculty and residents with up-to-date knowledge about timely issues in internal medicine.
Internal Medicine Physicians, Physician Assistants, Residents, Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, Podiatrists, Pharmacists and all other interested healthcare providers.
- Describe the pathophysiology of Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- Classify different types of MS.
- Evaluate role of conventional Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in MS.
- Distinguish between different MRI modalities/techniques used in MS.
- Identify MRI metrics and effect of T1 black holes, role of Gadolinium and brain atrophy.
- Discuss involvement of Direct Gray matter involvement in MS.
- Evaluate role of spinal cord lesions, cortical lesions and leptomeningeal enhancement.
- Assess future implications of MRI and therapeutics.
FACULTY AND DISCLOSURES:
Fawad Yousuf, M.D.
Faculty, Staff Neurologist
Department of Neurology
Marcus Neuroscience Institute
Baptist Health South Florida
Boca Raton, Florida
Fawad Yousuf, M.D., faculty for this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
John Rubin, M.D., director for this educational event, owns stock in AstraZeneca and Bristol Myers Squibb. He has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage. All of the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual have been mitigated.
Kenneth Rosenthal, M.D., FACG, moderator for this educational event, indicated that he is on the Speaker’s Bureau for AbbVie, Inc. All of the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual has been mitigated.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies – Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENTS AND CREDITS
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-855339, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists and Pharmacy Techs, Athletic Trainers. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Athletic Training
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy