The Gastrointestinal Cancer Multidisciplinary Tumor Board plays a critical role in the spectrum of cancer management of gastrointestinal malignancies, including diagnosis, staging, treatment and palliative care. The multidisciplinary approach has become crucial recently due to the ever-increasing complexity of medical knowledge and the huge wealth of information that is available to physicians, in addition to the complexity of the various medical procedures and interventions available for cancer care.
Medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, colorectal surgeons, pathologists, gastroenterologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, occupational therapists, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, nurses, social workers, radiologic technologists, and all personnel involved in the care of the gastrointestinal cancer patient.
- Implement optimal course of treatment for patients with gastrointestinal cancers.
- Utilize multiple disciplinary approaches to determine diagnosis and treatment options, including radiological findings.
- Determine cancer staging using various imaging modalities of gastrointestinal cancers.
- Promote a multidisciplinary team approach by bridging gaps across the continuum of care in order to enhance the overall quality of patient-centered gastrointestinal cancer care.
Faculty & Disclosure
Antonio Ucar, M.D.
Moderator, Gastrointestinal Tumor Board
Baptist Health Medical Group, Baptist, Doctors, Homestead, Mariners, South Miami, and West Kendall Baptist Hospitals
Antonio Ucar, M.D., Moderator, has indicated that he has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. Discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage. The core group of contributors has provided disclosures; complete disclosure statements will be included on the sign-in sheet for this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Bureau of Radiation Control
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy