ACLS and PALS Course Information
COVID19 UPDATE 2:
The American Heart Association (AHA) sent a notification to Training Centers (TC) providing a 120-day extension for BLS, ACLS, PALS, and NRP certification expiration dates beginning in March 2020 through the end of June 2020. In compliance, Baptist Health South Florida closed its AHA BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, and First-Aid classes through June. The good news is, we are preparing to reopen and have some classes available for self-registration in BHU for July 2020 and beyond.
Below are answers to frequently asked questions.
FAQ – American Heart Association (AHA) Programs COVID19 Response
Are all AHA certification classes closed?
· As of March 17, 2020 all American Heart Association (AHA) BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, and First-Aid classes at BHSF were suspended through June, 2020. While other training centers may still be offering classes, employees should not seek recertification outside the BHSF health care system.
My card is expiring; what do I do?
· Following AHA recommendations and based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat, Baptist Health South Florida (BHSF) has elected to extend by 120 days the recommended renewal dates of all AHA certifications expiring the months of March, April, May, and June, 2020
Recommended Renewal Date on Card (end of month)
New Renewal Due Date with 120-day Extension (end of month)
My card has expired, can I still work?
· Yes, you can continue to work provide you fall within the 120-day recommended extension.
When will AHA certification classes resume at Baptist Health?
· July and beyond AHA classes are being populated and made available for self-registration in the BHU. (BRRH has reinstated their registration process, but limited to BRRH employees only).
· During this restart phase we ask that you please register for classes occurring a month prior to your expiration dates including the 120-day extensions (i.e., those originally expiring in March and those actively expiring in July register for a July class date).
Can I get recertified sooner than the month prior to my expiration date?
For the next six months live classes will be restricted to those expiring the month prior. Beginning January, 2021 normal registration allowances will commence.
Are there online AHA BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification courses I can attend?
· Yes, they are called “HeartCode” classes and consist of a part-1 online interactive didactic portion followed by a part-2 scheduled skills assessment conducted by an instructor at our training center. These courses are designed for the “Experienced Provider” that regularly participate in arrest and peri-arrest events. Registration for the online and skills assessment sessions can be assigned to BHSF employees through the BHU by emailing Admin1 CPRAdmin1@baptisthealth.net .
If you have any questions regarding upcoming classes or recertification processes, please contact CPRAdmin1@baptisthealth.net
|Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS-R) One-day Renewal Course||Clinical Learning Center||Conferences|
|Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Two-day Provider Course||Clinical Learning Center||Conference|
|Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider (PALS) Two-day Provider Course||Clinical Learning Center||Conference|
|Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS-R) One-day Renewal Course||Clinical Learning Center||Conference|