A multidisciplinary team approach to care is fostered through peer-to-peer discussion and collaboration. The team diagnosis and treatment includes radiological and pathological findings and immunohistochemical testing, bridging these gaps across the continuum of care in order to enhance the overall quality of patient-centered GU care.
Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Colorectal Surgeons, Pathologists, Gastroenterologists, Pharmacists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Respiratory Therapists, Dietitians, Athletic Trainers, Patient Care Facilitators and all other personnel involved in the care of the gastrointestinal cancer patient.
- Implement the optimal course of treatment for genitourinary cancer patients.
- Utilize multiple disciplinary approaches to diagnosis and treatment options, including radiological findings, pathological findings and immunohistochemical testing.
- Determine cancer staging using various modalities.
- Promote a multidisciplinary team approach by bridging gaps across the continuum of care in order to enhance the overall quality of patient-centered cancer care.
FACULTY AND DISCLOSURES:
Aurora Tiare Tekurio, RTT, moderator for this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies – Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENTS AND CREDITS
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-856179, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Pharmacists and Pharmacy Techs, Respiratory Therapists (direct delivery), Athletic Trainers. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Athletic Training
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy