The primary care provider frequently faces patients with signs or symptoms that may indicate cardiovascular pathology. The goal of this series is to provide an update and overview on the most common cardiovascular conditions seen in primary care, and to provide the primary care physician with a sound framework with which to approach patients with cardiovascular symptoms.
The lecture series will use a combination of didactic and case-base studies to achieve its intended goals. Topics include leg swelling, palpitations, dyspnea, chest pain, EKG basics, arrhythmias, ischemic heart disease and more.
Primary Care Physicians
- Identify signs and symptoms of cardiovascular diseases commonly seen in the primary care setting.
- Recognize and perform the correct initial diagnostic evaluation of patients presenting with common cardiovascular symptoms.
- Appropriately refer patients to subspecialty consult services or to the emergency room for acute evaluation and disease management.
Ian Del Conde, M.D., FACC
Ian Del Conde, M.D., FACC, has indicated that he is on the speakers bureau for Janssen/J&J and Pfizer, and that he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation or discussion.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENTS AND CREDITS
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of .5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for .5 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-785944, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and Physician Assistants.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.50 General certificate of attendance