West Kendall Baptist Hospital Conference Series: A Review of Neuromuscular Emergencies
Neuromuscular emergencies typically present with symptoms of weakness. Quick and accurate assessments are crucial to treatment implementation. During this course physicians will recognize the classical presentations of Guillain-Barre Syndrome and its variants and implement current therapies.
Hospitalists, Family Medicine Physicians, General Internists, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Respiratory Therapists, Social Workers, and other interested healthcare professionals.
- Recognize the classical presentations of Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) and its variants.
- Identify symptoms and differential diagnoses of GBS and Myasthenia Gravis.
- Implement therapy treatment plans for GBS and Myasthenia.
Pre-registration is required. Please log in to register.
Herber Varela, M.D.
Clinical Neurophysiology and Neuromuscular Diseases
Herber Varela, M.D., has indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships to disclose and that his discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
Non-faculty contributors and other individuals involved in the planning, development, review and editing of the symposium content have indicated neither they nor their spouses/partners have relevant financial relationships.
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.