Thoracic Oncology Tumor Board - August 3, 2016
The thoracic oncology multidisciplinary teams are playing an increasing role in the management of thoracic malignancies. These teams have a great potential to improve the patient care and the health care system, however, they are faced by many challenges. The multidisciplinary approach has become very crucial recently due to the ever-increasing complexity of medical knowledge and the huge wealth of information that is available to physicians, in addition to the complexity of the various medical procedures and interventions available for cancer care. The multidisciplinary tumor board plays a critical role in the whole spectrum of cancer management including diagnosis, staging, treatment and palliative care.
Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Pathologists, Pulmonologists, Pharmacists, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Radiologic Technologists, Patient Care Facilitators and all personnel involved in the care of the lung cancer patient.
Registration is limited to Medical Staff and Employees.
- Implement optimal course of treatment for thoracic cancer patients.
- Utilize multiple disciplinary approaches to determine diagnosis and treatment options, including radiological findings.
- Determine cancer staging using various imaging modalities of thoracic cancers.
- Promote a multidisciplinary team approach by bridging gaps across the continuum of care in order to enhance the overall quality of patient-centered thoracic cancer care.
Paul Kaywin, M.D.
Moderator, Thoracic Tumor Board
Hematologist and Oncologist
Baptist, South Miami, Doctors, Homestead, Mariners and West Kendall Baptist Hospitals
Paul Kaywin, M.D., Moderator, has indicated that he does not have any relevant financial relationships to disclose and that tumor board discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage. The core group of contributors have provided disclosures; complete disclosure statements will be included on the sign-in sheet for this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Bureau of Radiation Control
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.