Sixth Annual Omar Pasalodos, M.D., Memorial Lecture: Inequities in Women’s Healthcare
Gender-based healthcare inequities can put women at risk for misdiagnoses, ineffective treatments and compromised care. Contributors to disparities in women’s healthcare include deficits in gender-based research and an often unintentional yet intrinsic practitioner bias. Increased awareness among practitioners, patients and medical schools is needed in order to avoid gender bias.
All Physicians, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals,Residents, Medical School Students and Female Professionals from the community — all with a common interest in improving women’s healthcare.
- Recognize important documented inequities in women’s health, from prevention to diagnosis and treatment, in a U.S. and international context.
- Distinguish significant disparities in public health, medical education,research and healthcare provision.
- Discuss strategies for healthcare providers, patients and the community to break down obstacles contributing to healthcare inequities.
Pre registration is Now Closed. Please Register On-Site.
Ana M. Viamonte Ros, M.D., MPH
Secretary of Health and Surgeon General of Florida (2007-2011)
Medical Director, Palliative Care and Bioethics, Baptist Health South Florida
Associate Dean for Women in Medicine and Science
Associate Professor for Department of Health, Humanities and Society
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Florida International University
Dr. Viamonte Ros has indicated she has no relevant financial relationships and her discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.