Miami Brain Symposium, Second Annual
The Miami Brain Symposium will focus on state-of-the-art approaches in the management of primary and metastatic brain tumors, along with an understanding of current standards of care as well as a look at future directions. For one full day this symposium will engage participants, as the expert faculty navigate through complex cases and novel treatment strategies and lively panel discussions.
Complete details at MiamiBrainSymposium.BaptistHealth.net
Registration Fees: Please choose Register tab to process your registration.
|Nurses and Allied Health Professionals||$95|
|International Healthcare Professionals||$76|
Adult and Pediatric Neurologists, Adult and Pediatric Medical Oncologists, Neurosurgeons, Neuro-Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Neuroradiologists, Diagnostic Radiologists, Radiation Oncologists, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Neuroscience Nurses, Neurosurgery Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Occupational Therapists, Respiratory Therapists, Dietitians, Radiology Technologists, Pharmacists, Rehabilitation and Pain Management Specialists, Physician Assistants, as well as other specialists interested in the fields of neuro-oncology and neuroscience.
In particular, this course will add tremendous value to residents in training as well as fellows in multiple specialties, including family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, neurology, neurosurgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, radiology, and pathology.
- Describe the role of molecular histopathology in the diagnosis and characterization of primary brain tumors.
- Identify the strengths and limitations of advanced imaging in the diagnosis and post-treatment follow-up of patients with primary brain tumors.
- Evaluate current contemporary management of primary brain tumors incorporating advances in systemic therapy, tumor neurosurgery and radiation therapy.
- Examine systemic therapy, neurological and radiotherapeutic breakthroughs, which influence management of patients with CNS malignancies.
- Apply a comprehensive patient management approach to brain metastasis.
- Evaluate the roles of radiation therapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy and neurosurgery.
- Examine breakthroughs in the use of biomarkers and molecular profiling of CNS tumors.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 7.5 credit hours by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and the Florida Council of Physician Assistants. CE Broker #20-625691.
This activity has also been approved for 7.5 credits for Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Respiratory Therapists and Pharmacists. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
Approved for 7.5 continuing education credits by the Florida Bureau of Radiation Control, Provider #3201106.
This activity has been approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration for 7.5 CPEUs.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) accepts CEs accredited by the ACCME. Individuals are responsible for checking with the AANPCB for further guidelines.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ claimed by physicians attending live events certified and organized in the United States for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ can be claimed through the agreement on mutual recognition of credits between UEMS and AMA, considered as being equal to the European Continuous Medical Education Credits (ECMEC©) granted by the UEMS. One AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ is equivalent to one (1) hour of European EACCME Credit (ECMEC©). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
- 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 7.50 General certificate of attendance
- 7.50 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 7.50 Nurse Practitioners
- 7.50 Florida Board of Nursing
- 7.50 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 7.50 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 7.50 Florida Bureau of Radiation Control
- 7.50 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
After you register, please bring a copy of your registration confirmation, with the amount paid, to the registration table to Christine, so we are quickly able to see you have registered. We will not have access to computers until we are at the symposium Friday morning. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you are attempting to register and see this message only, please check in the upper right hand corner for a shopping cart and click on it.
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.