MCI Radiation Oncology Grand Rounds – Advances in Radiation Therapy for Hepatocellular Carcinomas
An overview of the most recent advances in radiation therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) will be given that encompasses current evidence-based recommendations for the indications and techniques of radiation therapy, the role of proton therapy, and the potential novel applications for function liver imaging for HCC.
Please join us for this conference with guest faculty Smith “Jim” Apisarnthanarax, M.D.
Please register for Zoom link.
Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Oncology Surgeons and Radiologists
- List the modern evidence-based indications for radiation therapy in HCC in the context of other liver-directed therapy options.
- Describe the role of proton therapy for HCC.
- Identify the potential applications for functional liver imaging in the treatment of HCC.
Smith “Jim” Apisarnthanarax, M.D.
Professor of Radiation Oncology
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Smith “Jim” Apisarnthanarax, M.D., faculty of this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
Michael Chuong, M.D., conference series director, has indicated that he is a researcher with ViewRay, Novocure and AstraZeneca. He is a consultant with ViewRay. He is and advisor with ViewRay and Advanced Accelerator Applications. He is a speaker for ViewRay, Elekta and Sirtex. All of the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual have been mitigated.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies - Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-621028, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add email@example.com to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.