Conversations in Ethics: Saving Lives: The Current and Future State of Brain Dead Donation
Organ transplantation offer a life-saving solution for thousands of patients, most organs come from brain-dead patients. Brain death is an intricate clinical diagnosis, the diagnosis timeframe and the way the patient is managed during that time will have a substantial impact on the number and quality of lives saved by transplantation. Join us as we discuss brain death and the transition from patient to donor and the effect of the continuity of intensive care.
Physicians, Psychologists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counselors, Respiratory Therapists, Clinical Chaplains, Pharmacists, Medical Students, and other interested healthcare professionals
- Describe the processes of organ donation and patient to donor transition.
- Improve donor medical management in order to increase the number of organs suitable for donation.
- Support future initiatives to address organ shortage by working collaboratively with organ procurement organizations.
Pre-registration is required. Please log in to register.
|Live: Homestead Hospital - Auditorium|
|Videoconference: Baptist Hospital - 5MCVI, Side B|
|Videoconference: Mariners Hospital - Education Conference Room|
Alghidak (Sam) Salama, M.D.
Life Alliance Organ Recovery Agency
DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery, Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine,
University of Miami
Dr. Salama, has indicated that he nor his spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships to disclose and that his discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.