According to the World Health Organization, tremor is most common among middle-aged and older adults, although it can occur at any age. The disorder generally affects men and women equally and is not life threatening, however it can affect an individual’s quality of life. Please join us for2022 Tremor Update with guest faculty, Thomas Hammond, M.D.
Internal Medicine Physicians, Neurologists, Physician Assistants, Residents, Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, Pharmacists and all other interested healthcare providers.
- Identify the principle clinical features of essential tremor and those of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Explain the clinical differences between Parkinson’s Disease and essential tremor.
- Discuss the workup and imaging to assist in differential diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease versus essential tremor.
- Discuss medication treatments for tremor and the current surgical treatments for tremor (Parkinson’s Disease and Essential tremor).
- Appraise novel strategies such as wearable devices for tremor.
- Discuss MRI guided ultrasound lesioning for tremor.
FACULTY AND DISCLOSURES:
Thomas C. Hammond, M.D., FAAN
Board Certified Neurologist
Marcus Neuroscience Institute
Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Baptist Health South Florida
Assistant Clinical Professor
Florida Atlantic University
Boca Raton, Florida
Assistant Clinical Professor
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Nova Southeastern University
Thomas C. Hammond, M.D., FAAN, faculty of this educational activity, have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentation will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
John Rubin, M.D., director for this educational event, owns stock in AstraZeneca and Bristol Myers Squibb. He has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage. All of the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual have been mitigated.
Kenneth Rosenthal, M.D., FACG, moderator for this educational event, indicated that he is on the Speaker’s Bureau for AbbVie, Inc. All of the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual has been mitigated.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies – Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer
ACCREDITATION STATEMENTS AND CREDITS
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-855339, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Podiatry, Dentistry, Osteopathic Medicine and Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists and Pharmacy Techs, Athletic Trainers. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Athletic Training
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dentistry
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy