Update on Stroke Evaluation and Treatment
Felipe De Los Rios La Rosa, M.D., will provide learners with a review of early symptoms of stroke and how to implement appropriate treatment plans.
Family physicians, internal medicine, general internists, hospitalists, neurologists, cardiologists, oncologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, infectious disease specialists, dietitians, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, respiratory therapists (direct delivery), physician associates/physician assistants, nurses and advanced practice registered nurses.
- Recognize early symptoms of stroke and implement appropriate treatment plans.
- Determine which patients are generally considered candidates for IV thrombolysis and/or endovascular thrombectomy in acute ischemic stroke.
- Implement a comprehensive outpatient secondary prevention of stroke treatment plan.
Felipe De Los Rios La Rosa, M.D.
Medical Director, Stroke Program
Miami Neuroscience Institute
Comprehensive Stroke Center – Baptist Hospital of Miami
Baptist Health South Florida
Felipe De Los Rios La Rosa, M.D., faculty for this educational activity, is a member of the speakers' bureau with AstraZeneca. He has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage. All of the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual have been mitigated.
Elise McCormack Granja, M.D., conference director of this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose.
*Ineligible companies – Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
This site is supported on the most recent stable releases of the following browsers:
This site is supported on the following mobile devices:
- Apple iOS mobile devices running iOS 10 or later
- Android mobile devices running Android 4.4 or later, with the latest release of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@baptisthealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.