Risk Management Conference: NOIs & Presuit - An Update
Notice of intent to initiate litigation (NOI) and presuit require specific knowledge and actions on the part of the physician. Prospective defendants, their insurers, and their counsel should be aware of the current updates by the Florida Legislature. Join us to hear our legal experts provide a detailed look at the presuit process as it currently exists, highlighting some of the recent changes to the statute, and outline proper steps to initiate when receiving a NOI.
Live webinar only. Please register for Zoom link.
This course is limited to Baptist Health medical staff, advanced practice providers, and clinical employees.
- Describe all required components of a properly complied notice of intent (NOI).
- Identify presuit and statute of limitations time limits set forth by Florida Statutes.
- Incorporate appropriate subject matter experts in the presuit process based on allegations in NOI.
VP Risk Management
Baptist Health South Florida
Scott L. Mendlestein
Falk, Waas, Hernandez, Solomon, Mendlestein & Davis, P.A.
Attorneys at Law
Coral Gables, FL
Due to the nonclinical nature of the content discussed, the speaker has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
This CME activity will not cover content that would involve products or services of commercial interests. Therefore, no opportunity exists for a conflict of interest based on the financial relationships of faculty and those persons in control of content. Since these relationships are not relevant, no disclosure information was collected.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-761957, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and Occupational Therapy. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add email@example.com to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.