Radiology Grand Rounds in Conjunction with Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute: Clinical Research Topics in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
Fellows participating in the current MCVI Fellowship Program will present results of their research at the Institute. Topics include radiation exposure during pelvic angiography using phantom models; fluoro, ultrasound, imaging fusion; a review of acquired diseases of the aorta; pert initiative in a community based hospital; and new contrast agents for MR vascular imaging.
Radiologists, Pulmonologists, Thoracic Surgeons, Imaging Services Administration, Baptist Health Executives, Hospitalists, Family Medicine Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and all interested allied health professionals.
- Outline evidence-based guidelines for pulmonary embolism therapy and pulmonary embolism response teams.
- Review etiologies of acquired aortic pathology and potential treatment options.
- Review management strategies of acute limb ischemia and review data and techniques for mechanical thrombectomy devices.
- Evaluate data on radiation exposure during angiographic procedures.
- Review methods of evaluating radiation dosing for treating patients with radio embolization procedures.
Topics and Presenters
1. Radiation Exposure During Pelvic Angiography Using Phantom Models
Fellow: Raisa Durrani, MD
Primary Mentor: Alex Powell, MD
2. Fluoro, Ultrasound, Imaging Fusion
Fellow: Edgar St. Amour, MD
Primary Mentor: Constantino Pena, MD
3. Review of Acquired Diseases of the Aorta
Fellow: Xhorlina Marko, MD
Primary Mentor: Constantino Pena, MD
4. PERT Initiative in a Community Based Hospital
Fellow: Christopher Harnain, MD
Primary Mentor: James Benenati, MD
5. Vacuum Assisted Thrombectomy In Acute Limb Ischemia
Fellow: Alex Misono, MD
Primary Mentor: James Benenati, M.D.
The following faculty members indicated that neither they nor their spouses/partners have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and they will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in their presentations or discussions:
Interventional Radiology Fellows, Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute
Raisa Durrani, M.D.
Edgar St. Amour, M.D.
Xhorlina Marko, M.D.
Christopher Harnain, M.D.
Alexander Misono, M.D.
Conference Director, Dr. James Benenati, has indicated that he is a consultant for W.L. Gore, Cook, Bard, Scientia and Penumbra. He also has royalties with Penumbra. He is a member of the Speakers’ Bureau for Marquat, and owns stocks for Covidien and XableCath. Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 2.5 credit hours, CE Broker Course # 20-440586, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
This activity has also been approved for 2.5 credit hours for Nurse Practitioners and Nurses. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.50 General certificate of attendance
- 2.50 Nurse Practitioners
- 2.50 Florida Board of Nursing
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.