Homestead Hospital Conference Series: Advance Care Planning and Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST)
Advance care planning is getting increased attention throughout our nation. There’s a call to move from a general expression of wishes, to a specific set of medical orders as desired by patients. Join us to hear Dr. Stuart J. Bagatell discuss how advance care planning and physician orders for life-sustaining treatment (POLST) can be used to provide high-quality, patient-directed care across the healthcare system.
Live webinar only. Please register for Zoom link.
Hospitalists, Emergency Medicine Physicians, House Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and all other interested healthcare providers.
- Examine evidence-based data that support the use of POLST in conjunction with advance directives.
- Identify the important concepts and decisions required in each section of a POLST order set.
- Lead a POLST pilot project within the clinical practice site.
Stuart J. Bagatell, M.D., FACP
Program Director, University of Miami/JFK Medical Center Palm Beach Regional GME Consortium
Affiliated Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Stuart J. Bagatell, M.D., faculty for this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies - Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-678305, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists, Occupational Therapists and Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add email@example.com to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.