Family Medicine Conference: Sleep Disorders and Sleep Studies
Sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) is a treatable but markedly under-diagnosed condition affecting a large portion of the general population. SDB is linked to cardiovascular disease, stroke, and other co-morbid conditions. This conference will help primary care healthcare professionals better diagnose and implement proper and effective treatment plans for their patients with sleep apnea and related sleep disorders.
Hospitalists, General Internists, Family Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Pharmacists, Respiratory Therapists, Social Workers and other interested healthcare providers.
- Implement a reliable diagnostic approach to sleep-disordered breathing (SDB), sleep apnea and related sleep disorders.
- Recognize the association of sleep disorders with other general medical and cardiovascular diseases.
- Identify candidates who will benefit from a SBD screening to achieve an optimal treatment regimen for sleep apnea and related sleep disorders.
- Effectively convey to patients the benefits of proper and compliant treatment of SDB in preventing and improving outcomes for hypertension, cardiovascular disease, cardiac arrhythmia, cerebrovascular disease and depression.
Timothy L. Grant, M.D., FAASM
Medical Director, Baptist Health Sleep Center at Sunset Neurologist, Baptist and South Miami Hospitals, Diplomate, American Board of Sleep Medicine, Miami, Florida
Timothy L. Grant, M.D., has indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships to disclose and that his discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
Non-faculty contributors and other individuals involved in the planning, development, review and editing of the symposium content have indicated neither they nor their spouses/partners have relevant financial relationships.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy