Cerner Refresher Sessions
NEW CERNER REFRESHER SESSIONS HELP YOU GET MORE FROM THE EMR
A physician who is able to utilize all the features of the electronic medical record (EMR) has access to all of a patient’s health history, improves care by sharing data among clinicians and using standardized power plans, eliminates duplicate entries, ensures timely and accurate reimbursement, meets The Joint Commission compliance requirements and more. Monthly Cerner Refresher Sessions will provide information on current topics of interest and give you the opportunity to ask questions specific to your use of the EMR. Led by the Medical Informatics team, sessions will be held throughout the health system in the physicians’ lounges. CME credits (up to 1 Cat. 1) are available in 15-minute increments, depending on the length of attendance.
Monthly Cerner Refresher Sessions feature different topics centering on current areas of interest to Medical Staff on how to best utilize our electronic medical record system and provide a convenient forum for answering your questions.
These sessions are available from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. monthly throughout the Baptist Health entities listed below. Walk-ins are welcome. Pre-registraion is not required.
APPOINTMENTS: If you prefer to schedule an appointment (1-hour session) during these hours please email CernerRefresher@baptisthealth.net
LOCATIONS - Sessions will be held in the physicians' lounge at each entity.
|Baptist Hospital||March 7|
|Homestead Hospital||March 8|
|South Miami Hospital||March 13|
|Doctors Hospital||March 21|
|Mariners Hospital||March 22|
|West Kendall Baptist Hospital||March 27|
Baptist Health providers including physicians, fellows, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Navigate and utilize the electronic medical record system ensuring compliance with evidence-based standardization efforts.
- Reduce redundancy and improve delivery of care throughout Baptist Health South Florida entities utilizing power plans for clinicians to standardize care and meet expected outcomes.
- Document findings, initiate and update orders and receive important timely notifications that affect patient treatment plans.
- Baptist Hospital-1st Wednesday of the month
- Homestead Hospital-2nd Thursday of the month
- South Miami Hospital-2nd Tuesday of the month
- Doctors Hospital-3rd Wednesday of the month
- Mariners Hospital-4th Thursday of the month
- West Kendall Baptist Hospital-4th Tuesday of the month
Disclosures: It is the policy of Baptist Health South Florida to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all CME programming. Content review of simulation scenario was conducted by the Continuing Medical Education Department. Due to the non-clinical nature of the content discussed, the content developers have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. This CME activity will not cover content that would involve products or services of commercial interests. Therefore no opportunity exists for a conflict of interest based on the financial relationships of faculty and those persons in control of content. Since these relationships are not relevant, no disclosure information was collected.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-635776, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Psychology (1 hour), Osteopathic Medicine and Physician Assistants.
NOTE: Florida Board of Nursing has approved this course for 1 credit hour; partial credit is not available.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 2.00 Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine
- 2.00 General certificate of attendance