Cannabis—Facts and Fiction—An Addiction Medicine Perspective
Cannabis is one of the most commonly used substances of abuse in the United States. Current research, recommendations and state laws on cannabis and cannabidiol medical and recreational use are continuously changing.
Please join us to hear Dr. Kevin Wandler provide up-to-date research, clinical recommendations and Florida statutes as they relate to medical and recreational use, misuse and addiction of cannabis.
Baptist Health South Florida has partnered with Advanced Recovery Systems to provide integrated behavioral healthcare management for the treatment of addiction and substance abuse in South Florida.
Live webinar only. Please register for Zoom link.
Baptist Health South Florida is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baptist Health South Florida maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Primary Care Physicians, Family Practice Physicians, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Psychiatrists, Psychologists (intermediate), Social Workers and other interested clinical care providers.
- Evaluate cannabis use through the neurobiological model of addiction.
- Examine Florida’s cannabis laws and their impact on cannabis use, misuse and addiction.
- Describe current research on cannabis and cannabidiol for both medical and recreational use.
- Implement strategies in clinical practice that align with the major medical associations’ and societies perspectives of medical cannabis.
Kevin Wandler, M.D., Dip ABAM, F.iaedp
Chief Medical Officer
Advanced Recovery Systems
Kevin Wandler, M.D., indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation or discussion.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-808238, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine, Psychology and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit hour for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists, Occupational Therapists, and Respiratory Therapists (personal growth). Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Psychology CE
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.