Baptist Health International Conference Series: Breast Cancer Management of the High Risk Patient – Surveillance, Prevention and Treatment
To update the non-oncology physician, a multidisciplinary physician team from Baptist Health Breast Center will review and examine guidelines and recommendations for screening mammography, the algorithm for screening high-risk patients and evidence-based treatment options for high risk patients. The roles and considerations for prophylactic mastectomy, genetic testing and chemo prevention will be among the treatment options discussed.
General Surgeons, General Practitioners, Obstetrics and Gynecologists, Hospitalists, Nurses and all other interested healthcare professionals.
- Provide evidence-based radiologic surveillance treatment as an option for high risk patients.
- Identify patients who are candidates for chemoprevention and genetic testing.
- Determine which high risk patients may benefit from prophylactic surgery.
Starr K. Mautner, M.D.
South Miami Hospital
Starr K. Mautner, M.D. has indicated that she has no relevant financial relationships to disclose and that his discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy