Sleep Center Conference Series: Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulator and Sleep Apnea
Sleep disorders affect a large portion of the general population, yet they are widely underdiagnosed. This conference will focus on strategies for effective diagnostic approaches and treatment plan development for frequently overlooked causes of sleep disturbances as well as the more commonly treated disorders, including insomnias, parasomnias and sleep apnea disturbances.
Neurologists, Pulmonologists, Sleep Medicine Specialist, Family Medicine Physicians, General Surgeons, Cardiologists, Pediatricians, ENTs, Podiatrists, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Sleep Technicians, Nurses, and Occupational Therapists.
- Implement evidence-based best practice parameters for the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders commonly seen in clinical practice.
- Utilize screening techniques for early diagnosis of sleep disorders.
- Formulate treatment plans to include behavioral therapies when appropriate.
- Determine when to refer patients to appropriate specialists.
Rolando Molina, M.D.
Baptist, Doctors, South Miami and
West Kendall Baptist Hospitals
Rolando Molina, M.D. has indicated that he has no relevant financial relationships to disclose and that his discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 1.00 American Association of Sleep Technologist
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.