Homestead Hospital Conference Series: Assessing and Managing Decompensations of Cirrhosis in the In-patient Setting
Decompensated cirrhosis is a common reason for hospital admissions. These patients typically have complex medical needs and are at high risk of in-hospital death. Join us to hear Dr. Sandra Rodriguez discuss the current practice guidelines in the diagnosis, management and treatment of cirrhosis and the complications associated with disease progression.
Hospitalists, Emergency Medicine Physicians, House Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and all other interested healthcare providers.
- Describe the etiology and management of cirrhosis and its complications, including variceal bleeding, ascites, and hepatic encephalopathy.
- Utilize appropriate diagnostic criteria to identify hepatic encephalopathy.
- Apply the current practice guidelines to properly recognize and treat hepatorenal syndrome and to manage acute kidney injury in patients with cirrhosis.
Sandra Rodriguez, M.D.
Baptist Health South Florida
Sandra Rodriguez, M.D., faculty of this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose.
None of the planners for this educational activity have relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose.
*Ineligible Companies - Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-678305 , by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit hour for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and Pharmacists. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add email@example.com to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.