Evidence-based Clinical Care: In-hospital Evaluation of Acute Ischemic Stroke or Transitory Ischemic Attack
This course covers the inpatient management of patients with acute ischemic stroke or transitory ischemic attack to help practitioners be better able to implement new clinical pathways and power plans.
Neurologists, Neurointensivists, Geriatric Medicine Physicians, Internal Medicine Physicians, Intensivists, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Hospitalists, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and Physician Assistants.
- Implement established clinical pathways for stroke and transient ischemic attack (TIA) designed on current, evidence-based best practices.
- Improve confidence and appropriateness of stroke alert activation.
- Adopt imaging modality protocols to quickly identify mechanisms of stroke and begin to refine secondary prevention of stroke measures.
- Utilize the Baptist Health South Florida power plans available for the management of ischemic stroke and transitory ischemic attack.
- Recognize the metrics that will be evaluated and monitored through the Leidos/CareC2 platform to ensure that standardization is successfully implemented.
Felipe De Los Rios, M.D.
Medical Director, Baptist Hospital Comprehensive Stroke Center & Baptist Health South Florida Stroke Program
Voluntary Assistant Professor of Neurology
University of Cincinnati Department of Neurology & Rehabilitation Medicine
Florida International University, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Felipe De Los Rios, M.D., indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation or discussion.
Italo Linfante, M.D., has indicated that he is a consultant for Medtronic and Stryker and a shareholder in InNeuro Company and Three Rivers.
Kevin J. Abrams, M.D., has indicated that he is a consultant for Keystone Heart.
Guilherme Dabus, M.D., has indicated that he is a consultant/speaker for Medtronic, Penumbra and Microvention and a shareholder in Surpass/Stryker, Medtronic/Medina Elum, Three Rivers and InNeuro Company.
All other evidence-based clinical care committee design team members and those involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
This site is supported on the most recent stable releases of the following browsers:
This site is supported on the following mobile devices:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@baptisthealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.