Dental Oncology Conference Series - Opioid Use Disorder in the Dental Patient
The opioid crisis is a public health emergency in the U.S., with a severe impact in Florida. Attendees will leave the course able to define acute and chronic pain and opioid addiction, and know when to consider non-opioid and non-pharmacological alternatives for treating pain.
Primary Care Physicians, Dentists, Otolaryngologists, Gastroenterologists, Radiologists, Medical Oncologists, Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons, Surgeons, Pathologists, Hospitalists, Nurses, Nutritionists and Speech Pathologists.
- Assess and understand the scope of the opioid crisis and the current situation in Florida.
- Implement best practices for safe prescribing of controlled substances, including emergency opioid antagonists and monitoring patients.
- Identify the risk of addiction and best practices for safe and effective treatment of acute pain with opioids.
Jason E. Portnof, DMD, MD, FACS, FICD
Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon
Clinical Associate Professor
Nova Southeastern University
Jason E. Portnof, DMD, MD, FACS, FICD, indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation or discussion.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-693309, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Dentistry and Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit hour for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Occupational Therapists and Social Workers. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dentistry
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
This site is supported on the most recent stable releases of the following browsers:
This site is supported on the following mobile devices:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@baptisthealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.