Conversations in Ethics The Situation at the US- Mexican Border – Caring for Undocumented Patients
Immigration levels are at a historic high and immigration is now the main driver of U.S. population growth. Population growth contributes significantly to a host of healthcare problems within our borders.
Please join us for this Conversations in Ethics Conference with Rabbi Claudio J. Kogan, M.D., MEB, M.Ed. as he discusses the ethics of clinical care to documented and undocumented immigrant patients.
Live webinar only. Please register for Zoom link.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Clinical Chaplains, Medical Students and other interested healthcare professionals.
- Describe the current humanitarian crisis near the U.S. border and the significant impact it has on providing care to immigrant patients.
- Apply appropriate ethical principles, autonomy, beneficence, non-maleficence and justice to address the complex healthcare issues immigrant patients face.
- Utilize case-based presentations to improve the care of undocumented immigrants dealing with mental health issues, including depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Rabbi Claudio J. Kogan, M.D., MBE, M.Ed.
Director of Bioethics Program
Baptist Health South Florida
Rabbi Claudio J. Kogan, M.D., MBE, M.Ed., faculty for this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentation include off-label or unapproved product usage.
*Ineligible companies – Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-126977, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Clinical Chaplain and Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.