Building Collaborative Leadership: Baptist Health Clinical Ethics Consultation Training Program - Meeting 4, October 10, 2019
Nominated participants who are established or emerging medical staff leaders practicing in different specialties, as well as nurse managers and administrative executives with oversight of the healthcare service lines who are members of the Ethics Committee.
- Distinguish between competence and decision-making capacity, and examine the ethical and practical implications.
- Evaluate and discuss informed consent and valid refusal.
- Apply helpful communication methods when addressing emotional conflicts in the clinical encounter.
Rose Allen, DNP, MSM/HM, R.N., CHPN
Director, Bioethics & Palliative Care
Baptist Hospital of Miami
Rose Allen, DNP, MSM/HM, R.N., CHPN, indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentations or discussions.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1.5 credit hours, CE Broker Course #20-598696, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1.5 credits for Social Work. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 General certificate of attendance
- 1.50 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.50 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.50 Florida Board of Nursing