BHMG Provider Onboarding: E&M Coding/Documentation Education 2021 and 2023 Guidelines, Office and Inpatient E&M Services
This course provides Baptist Health Medical Group practitioners with the 2021 and 2023 guidelines and requirements for accurate Evaluation and Management (E&M) documentation and coding to adhere to CMS guidance. This course is an onboarding requirement for Baptist Health Medical Group healthcare providers.
Baptist Health Medical Group physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Accurately identify the required documentation and contributing factors that support the E&M level for patient visits in both the outpatient and inpatient settings (2021 & 2023 E&M Updates/Revisions).
- Implement strategies to achieve organizational accuracy rate standard for E&M coding.
- Adhere to the requirements and documentation guidelines for Medical Decision Making and Total Time elements of the CMS Guidelines.
- Recognize the impact that 2021 and 2023 CMS Guideline changes will have to documentation practices.
- Provide awareness on the Observation service codes deleted with the 2023 CMS Guideline updates.
Tyling M. Batista, MSHA/ed, CPC, CPCO, CPMA, CEMC
Director, Physician Practice Auditing and Coding Education, Administration
Baptist Health South Florida
Due to the non-clinical nature of the content discussed, the speakers have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. This CME activity will not cover content that would involve products or services of commercial interests. Therefore, no opportunity exists for a conflict of interest based on the financial relationships of faculty and those persons in control of content. Since these relationships are not relevant, no disclosure information was collected.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
This site is supported on the most recent stable releases of the following browsers:
This site is supported on the following mobile devices:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@baptisthealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.