Advance Directives: Baptist Health Policy and Document
This course explains the impact of recent changes to Florida Statutes on Advance Directives and the role of the physician in proper implementation.
Samaritan Physicians: Successful completion of this activity will qualify Samaritan physicians for annual policy discounts. Upon completion, please print your certificate and submit to Samaritan for consideration.
All physicians, physician assistants/physician associates, and nurse practitioners.
- Define what an advance directive is and describe recent changes to the Florida Statute.
- Explain the impact of these changes and the role of the physician in the proper implementation of an advance directive.
- Properly utilize Baptist Health’s revised advance directives Designation of Healthcare Surrogate document.
Mayra Villalba, MSN-Ed, CMSRN
Legal Content Reviewer:
Mike Novo, Esq.
Office of General Counsel
Due to the non-clinical nature of the content discussed, the content developers have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. This CME activity will not cover content that would involve products or services of commercial interest. Therefore, no opportunity exists for a conflict of interest based on the financial relationships of faculty and those in control of the content. Since these relationships are not relevant, no disclosure information was collected.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.50 General certificate of attendance
This site is supported on the most recent stable releases of the following browsers:
This site is supported on the following mobile devices:
- Apple iOS mobile devices running iOS 10 or later
- Android mobile devices running Android 4.4 or later, with the latest release of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@baptisthealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.